We Protect the Rights of Employees in the Inland Empire and Orange County
At Law Office of Joseph Richards, P.C., our Inland Empire employment law attorney is a tireless, solutions-oriented advocate for employees. With the skills and experience to handle the full spectrum of employment law matters, our firm is devoted to ensuring that individual workers get top-quality legal representation. Give us a call at (888) 883-6588 to set up your strictly confidential consultation with a talented Southern California employee rights lawyer.
We Advocate for Employee Rights in the Inland Empire
Our seasoned law firm provides comprehensive legal representation to employees. No matter the type of workplace matter that you are dealing with, we are here to help you understand your options and the steps that clients need to take to protect their rights. Legal services we provide to employees in the Inland Empire include:
- Employment Law: Employment law is complicated. Employees are protected under a complex web of federal, state, and sometimes even local regulations. At the Law Office of Joseph Richards, P.C., we help workers navigate the full spectrum of legal matters—from discrimination claims to wage and hour disputes to employment contacts. If you have any specific questions or concerns about your rights, contact our Inland Empire employment lawyer for guidance.
- Age Discrimination: There are federal and state age discrimination laws that protect workers who are 40 years of age and older from unfair treatment on the basis of their age. You may think you have a claim under the California Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA) or the federal Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 (ADEA). Contact our Inland Empire age discrimination attorney today if you believe your rights were violated, and we can offer to schedule an appointment for a free consultation today.
- Sex Discrimination: Every employee deserves a fair opportunity to thrive in the workplace—you should not be held back based on preconceived notions about your sex or gender. You may be protected against workplace sex discrimination under California’s FEHA and/or Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. Notably, discrimination on the basis of LGBTQ status often constitutes a form of sex-based discrimination. Call our Inland Empire sex discrimination lawyer for more information about your rights.
- Sexual Harassment: We handle all types of workplace sexual harassment claims. As an employee, you should never have to endure sexual harassment. Were you promised a benefit or threatened with punishment in exchange for sexual favors? Were you made to feel unwelcome or uncomfortable based on sexually explicit comments or conduct? If so, unfortunately, your rights may have been violated. Call our Inland Empire sexual harassment lawyers for a confidential review of your potential case today.
- Race Discrimination: Your race, color, national origin, or ethnic background should not be used against you in the workplace. Both the California FEHA and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act include protections against racial discrimination. If you were subject to race-based discrimination or race-based harassment, your rights may have been violated under state law or federal law. Contact our Southern California racial discrimination attorney for immediate assistance with scheduling an appointment for a free consultation today. We are here to help our clients get justice and the fair and equitable treatment that our clients deserve.
- Disability Discrimination: Disabled workers deserve fair and equal opportunities to succeed in the workplace. At the Law Office of Joseph Richards, P.C., our Inland Empire disability discrimination lawyer is a strong, justice-driven advocate for employee rights. We have a deep understanding of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Employers covered under the ADA must refrain from discriminating against disabled employees and make a good faith effort to provide disabled workers and job applicants with reasonable accommodations when requested. If you believe that you were subjected to disability discrimination or you were wrongfully denied a reasonable accommodation, contact our employment law team for immediate help scheduling an appointment for a free consultation with a lawyer.
- Leave of Absence Violations: In certain circumstances, an employee may have the legal right to take job-protected leave. The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) is a federal law that permits qualifying workers with up to 12 weeks of job-protected leave to deal with certain health issues or family emergencies. The California Family Rights Act (CFRA) is a state law that also provides workers with job-protected leave rights when certain criteria are met. If you believe that your right to take a leave of absence was violated under the FMLA or CFRA, please contact our employment lawyer in the Inland Empire for help determining your options.
- Workplace Retaliation: Retaliation cannot be allowed to stand unchallenged. Employees have rights under the law. As a worker, you must be able to exercise your rights without worrying about being punished for doing so. An employer that takes adverse action—demotion, suspension, termination, etc.—against an employee who exercised a legally protected right may be guilty of impermissible retaliation. Contact our Inland Empire employment retaliation lawyer for immediate help with scheduling an appointment for a free consultation today regarding your potential case.
How Inland Empire Employment Lawyer Joseph E. Richards Can Help
It is never easy to go through a conflict with an employer. As an experienced employee rights advocate, our founding attorney Joseph E. Richards is here to help clients navigate the complexities of the legal claims process. Your rights matter. You deserve fair and equitable treatment in the workplace. Among other things, our California employee rights attorney is prepared to:
- Conduct a confidential, in-depth review and evaluation of your potential case
- Answer client questions and explain their rights/responsibilities
- Gather and organize the documents, records, and evidence clients need to move forward
- Handle correspondence with employers and employer’s counsel
- Take whatever legal action is necessary to help clients secure the best outcome
Contact Our Inland Empire Employment Law Attorney Today
At the Law Office of Joseph Richards, P.C., our Inland Empire employment law attorney has the professional skills and legal knowledge that clients can trust. If you have any questions about an employment law matter, a professional consultation is just a phone call away. Contact us at (888) 883-6588 to set up your confidential case review. You have a limited amount of time to take legal action, so do not wait to schedule your free consultation. With offices in Corona and Santa Ana, we represent employees throughout the region, including in Orange County, San Bernardino County, and Riverside County.